Be Near D.C. Without Paying D.C. Prices
The D.C. and Northern Virginia areas are hopping when it comes to summer internships, and if you're from out of town, finding a short-term place to stay can be tricky. Mason's residence halls can solve your problem and ease your mind.
Whether you're a student looking for a place to sleep or a business that needs to house a group of summer staff, we can provide quality accommodations in state-of-the-art facilities that are affordable, safe, and comfortable.
Our campus community also provides a shuttle service to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station, providing access to workplaces in Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, and Southern Maryland.
Interns will stay in the apartment-style residence hall, Liberty Square, which houses up to four interns per apartment. All interns will be in private single-occupancy bedrooms while sharing a bathroom, kitchen, and living room. You can make suitemate requests on your application, although we can't guarantee those requests will be met (but we'll give it our best effort).
What you'll get:
- Furnished bedroom (bed/mattress, dresser, desk, and closet)
- Air-conditioned living spaces
- Full kitchen with all major appliances
- Bath with shower
- Furnished living room (sofa, end table, coffee table, and entertainment stand)
- 24-hour customer service desk
- Free shuttle to and from the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station
- Campus cable service (residents must provide a television and cable cord)
- Wireless Internet (wired connectivity available; residents provide Ethernet cord)
- Access to laundry facilities within the residence hall
Intern housing is $420.00 per week, per person for a single-occupancy bedroom within a shared apartment ($60.00 per night). You'll need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $100.00, which will be applied towards the total cost, to reserve a space.
Intern housing is available from Sunday, May 30th, at 12 noon through Sunday, August 1st, at 12 noon. A four-week minimum stay is required. These dates and times are non-negotiable.
Mason students please note that billing is done through Students Accounts or Patriot Web for intern housing. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn how student loans and other aid can be used for summer expenses.
The Summer 2021 Intern Housing Application should be active in mid-March 2021. Please feel free to check back at this website for details, or email us at email@example.com to be added to our intern inquiry list, and well shall send you an email when the application goes live.